Book Review: In the Blood

Friday, October 30, 2015

I do most of my reading on public transit, so I usually end up reading in hour-long sittings a couple times a day. Most books I can put down without feeling too bothered by with "In the Blood" however, I found myself arriving at work far quicker than I would have hoped. Time flew when I read this book and I genuinely didn't want to put it down.


The storyline is as follows:


I don't want to say too much because I risk giving away the ending, so suffice to say that there's a cool twist and a satisfying ending. Is it a predictable twist? I have no doubt that there are those who are more on the ball than me and they probably it coming long before I did. Regardless, I still think that this is a good read. Unger has created a solid mystery book. It also makes you think about mental health and the role it plays in people's lives. Best of all is the character development. I feel that as I've read along, I've grown and developed along with the character. Like all the good writers, Unger makes you care for her characters, flaws and psychological damage and all. 

Rating: 4 stars 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top